Unlike Dr. Bob and Hallvard I won't have problems with choosing from my TDM articles - I published much less than them so I'll simply republish everything :)
In the next months you can expect online versions of my articles:
- Safer Sockets [TDM #44]
Describes an issue with TWinSocketStream and a presents a workaround.
- A Better Build Process [TDM #49]
How to build Delphi programs from a command line; introduces some helper tools.
- Time Is The Simplest Thing [TDM #55]
The art of timezones. Introduces GpTimezone unit, which is still alive and regularly updated.
- Let's Cooperate [TDM #68]
My first take on steampunk process synchronisation - not via OS primitives but by using file system. Introducing GpFileSync unit, which somehow never made it to my web site.
- SvCom 4.0 [TDM #69]
A review of SvCom service development package. Still alive and well, currently at version 7.
- GExperts 1.0 [TDM #72]
A review of Delphi experts we all love.
- File Sharing On Linux [TDM #84]
My only article on Kylix continued the Let's Cooperate theme.
- A Synchronisation Toolkit [TDM #86]
Simple multi-process synchronisation and communication primitives. Introduces the GpSync unit, which is sill alive and regularly updated.
- My Data Is Your Data [TDM #88]
Describes an easy to use wrapper around Windows' shared memory. Introduces GpSharedMemory unit.
- Synchronisation Toolkit Revisited [TDM #91]
An upgrade of the GpSync unit, introducing message queue.
- Shared Pools [TDM #95]
Shared memory pools. I never developed this concept any further.
- Shared Events Part 1: Rationale, Design, Implementation [TDM #97]
Cross-process event dispatch using shared memory. Introduces GpSharedEvents unit.
- Shared Events Part 2: Redesign [TDM #102]
Implementation details and a redesign.
- A Portable XML [TDM #105]
A review of the OmniXML library. Still alive and regularly updated.
- Many Faces Of An Application [TDM #107]
How to write an application that can be a service, Windows GUI and system tray icon monitor.
- Thread Pooling, The Practical Way [TDM #112]
Describes Windows thread pool, various problems with it and some workarounds.
- Put It In A Tree [TDM #118]
Discusses various approaches to creating a tree structure from a list of mail messages.
- To Manage Memory [TDM #126]
An introduction to memory management algorithms and structures plus a short overview of the (at that time very young) FastMM memory manager.
And that's all folks. I'll probably attack this list in chronological manner. If you have any preferences I may make an exception and change priorities so don't be afraid to ask for article you want to read first.