I have just updated OmniThreadLibrary to version 3.04b. This is kinda important update as I somehow messed the 3.04a release which did not include support for more than 60 concurrent tasks that was added in version 3.04. This important feature is now back and I’ve added few other small improvements.
Changelog for this release:
- Reimplemented support for TWaitFor in the TOmniTaskControl which was removed from the code in release 3.04a by mistake.
- Implemented TOmniSingleThreadUseChecker, a record which checks that the owner is only used from one thread.
- TOmniCommunicationEndpoint.ReceiveWait and .SendWait are now fully thread-safe and support multiple consumers (former) and multiple producers (latter).
I have also released a new version of “the book” which is now 239 pages long! Following sections were added/updated:
- Documented TOmniValue.
- Documented TWaitFor.
- Documented TOmniLockManager.
- Documented TOmniSingleThreadUseChecker.
- Adapted Communication Subsystem documentation.