What is OmniThreadLibrary?
OmniThreadLibrary is simple to use threading library for Delphi. It's main "selling" points (besides the price, of course are power, simplicity, and openess. With just few lines of code, you can set up multiple threads, send messages between them, process Windows messages and more. OmniThreadLibrary doesn't limit you in any way - if it is not powerfull enough for you, you can ignore any part of its "smartness" and replace it with your own code. If you don't like working with threads - no problem! You can use high-level primitives like parallel for, futures and pipelines to introduce parallelism into your application.
OmniThreadLibrary is an open source project. It lives in the Google Code and is licensed under the BSD license.
At the moment, OmniThreadLibrary supports Delphi 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, and XE5 on the Win32 and Win64 platforms. Currently, there are no plans to support older Delphi compilers and .NET. XE2+
support is limited to Windows targets. Firemonkey is currently not supported.
Where can I get more information?
Home page: http://www.omnithreadlibrary.com/
Web discussion forum: http://otl.17slon.com/forum/
Issue tracker: http://code.google.com/p/omnithreadlibrary/issues/list
SVN checkout instructions: http://code.google.com/p/omnithreadlibrary/source/checkout
Author's blog: http://thedelphigeek.com
Author's home page: http://www.glagolite.si/delphi/
Documentation wiki: http://otl.17slon.com/book/
Documentation book: http://http://leanpub.com/omnithreadlibrary
Changes since version 3.02
- Support for XE4 and XE5 (tnx to [Uwe Raabe]).
- TOmniMREW is automatically initialized to 0 when created.
- Implemented IOmniPipeline.PipelineStage property returning
- Input/Ouput collections of a specific stage.
- Added IOmniTaskControl.Stop - signals thread to stop and immediately returns.
- Added OtlSuperObject (tnx to [Lee_Nover]).
- Different thread pool can be specified for all OtlParallel operations via the new TaskConfig.ThreadPool function.
- Added IOmniLockManager<K> to the OtlSync unit.
- Fixed XE2/XE3 package compilation.
- TOmniBaseBounded(Queue|Stack) internally aligns allocated memory to required CAS granularity (8 bytes on 32-bit platforms, 16 bytes on 64-bit platforms) (tnx to [Alexander Alexeev]).
- TOmniBaseBoundedQueue's ring buffers are internally aligned to 2*SizeOf(pointer) (tnx to [Alex Egorov]).
- Prevent memory leak if (Queue|Stack).Initialize is called more than once (tnx to [h.hasenack]).
- Fixed memory leaks in `forEach output` and `checkVat` examples(tnx to [Steve Maughan]).
- Fixed TOmniTaskGroup.TerminateAll.
- Simple pipeline stage handles exceptions in the executor function.
- Compiles when 'Typed @ operator' is enabled (tnx to [arioch]).
- Removed optimization which caused ForEach to behave differently on uniprocessor computers.
- 54_LockManager: Demonstrates the new lock manager (IOmniLockManager<K>).